It’s hot. Blazing hot. So pretty much anything frozen tastes especially good right now. With that in mind, I decided—by accident, really—to forego the store-bought popsicles and whip up a batch of my own. Herewith, the ten steps that resulted in frosty sweetness. LARA BELKIN
STRAWBERRY CARDAMOM YOGURT POPS
1. Succumb to your inner glutton and buy 3 quarts of juicy strawberries at the green market.
2. Realize you can never eat that many strawberries before they go bad.
3. Wash, dry, and freeze the third quart in a rare moment of culinary cleverness.
4. Forget you did that.
5. A few weeks later find strawberries in freezer.
6. Thaw a bit, blend with a tablespoon of sugar, juice of a lemon or two, and some
(cup and a half-ish) whole milk Greek yogurt.
7. Taste, wonder what’s missing
8. In a second rare moment, crush up some cardamom (10 or so pods) and blend.
9. Try not to pour all over your counter while filling popsicle molds.
10. Wait very patiently for delicious yogurt pops to freeze. Eat, eat, eat.